Thursday, November 7, 2013


Dress: Vintage   Shoes: Studio Paolo   Sweater: Roxy




When I saw this wonderful mushroom dress I had a mini episode of out-of-control-love/I-need-it-now syndrome. And while it may have been a silly reason, I bought it as a gift to myself for getting my first paycheck at my new job. Upon arrival I was heartbroken to find that it totally did not fit me. I am really short and all around very small, so I probably should have seen it coming. But after a major sewing transformation it fits and all is well, I mean excluding my sewing machine which now has a broken needle due to an oddly wound bobbin, but ohhh wellll. One thing that I was not able to capture in the picture was that some of the mushrooms have their scientific names around them, its wonderful!
On an unrelated note, recently I have been really into poetry. Slam poetry, to be more exact. Though I will probably make an actual post about all of my favorite poets/their wonderful poems later, I just wanted to mention my obsession briefly. I think my favorite thing about spoken word poetry in general is that it is a complex mixture of the human voice, both mentally and physically. The way these poets communicate their deepest ideas, thoughts and memories becomes a sort of calming sound, almost like music. It's so powerful and inspiring to be so sad, moved or simply entranced  by just a combinations of words. When people say they dislike poetry I almost feel bad for them, they are really missing out on something spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment