Sunday, November 3, 2013




Dress: Romwe    Blazer: Thrift Store    Boots: Target


Atlanta :Part 1
On October 26th at way-too-early o'clock Craig and I set off on an eight hour road trip to Atlanta for the Elf Power, The Apples in Stereo and Neutral Milk Hotel reunion show!! The trip was really wonderful.  The weather was perfectly chilly and we were surrounded by the bustling beauty of a big city. Even though we spent hours being totally lost in Atlanta, it was fun and exciting. Also, Atlanta has this crazy amount of wonderful coffee/tea places and it is quite impressive.
The concert was simply amazing.  Robert Schneider was the person to break the news to me (and probably  to plenty of other audience members) that Lou Reed had passed away. But when all of Elf Power plus Robert did a Velvet Underground cover, it was sort of like being cuddled by sound. There is no better way to hear bad news I suppose.
Neutral Milk Hotel was just spectacular. Jeff Mangum + the adorably excited saw playing hat boy + everyone playing a brass instrument + anyone else, made that show a one of a kind. I am so glad I was able to attend this show, it made me cry and laugh and sing like an idiot to an extent one couldn't even imagine. And I think this was the only time that I cried happy tears to Oh Comely (My go-to sad times song) and the only time that I was able to prove that I really do know all of the lyrics by repetition, not effort, to all of the On Avery Island songs.
And on a separate note, when I bought this shirt I was wearing my other neutral milk hotel shirt. The guy at the counter gave me precise instructions to go change into the new shirt and burn the other one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment