Tuesday, November 12, 2013

As promised earlier, here is a post about poetry! Spoken word/slam poetry to be more specific.
One of my main sources for the wonderful poets I find is Button Poetry, (http://buttonpoetry.tumblr.com/)
You should definitely check them out, I don't think I have disliked a single poem they have posted!
And now onto the actual poetry part,
My favorite thing about spoken word/slam poetry is the fact that the person can not only
communicate with you in words but also with their tone of voice, expression and body.
This adds the fire, the intensity to really make these already wonderful poems hit hard.
Some are pretty sad:


Some are actually funny,


Many are about important issues,


Some are about love,


But they are all wonderful, inspiring and eye opening. I honestly feel that the power of the words of those I have never even met, have shaped me into who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment