Monday, January 27, 2014








Dress: Thrift store   Sweater: Thrift store  Petticoat: Vintage 

I had a wonderful thrifting day this past weekend, in which I snagged this fantastic dress and sweater! Overall today was a day of overcoming fashion "rules". I have always been told not to wear two shades of the same color together, totally broke the rule and loved it. Additionally, I knew when I got dressed this morning that my petticoat would gather a lot of attention and well, I was right. I honestly do not like attention when it comes to my clothes. Little compliments are nice but people going "WOW, thats different!" does not strike me as a compliment. And I must say, a lot of people thought my outfit was "different". But I couldnt care less, I felt like a queen. I intend to pull many similar fashion changes out of my magic closet soon. Maybe I can host the hottest clown fashion show on the East Coast, I am super jazzed for it. But all in all I have been working towards being more confident, and clothing is a perfect first step. I have found that confidence really is not directly related to appearance, but rather how you create yourself. Any body shape or size can look fantastic, but it is up to the person in that skin to show it to themselves. Dress it up, dress it down, cover it in  tattoos, shave it, dont shave it, whatever. Your choices about how you create your body make it feel more your own, and you begin to see more things to love about it. This process is not easy and can take time, but I feel that anyone can grow to love their body. And you deserve to, you look wonderful.

Also, Animal Farm is what I am currently reading. My only message is that I love George Orwell sooooo very much.

Song of the day: The Killing Type, Amanda Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment